Okay…so why am I up? Really, I’m not doing anything useful, except trying to get my brain functioning before the exam this morning. That shower didn’t wake me up one bit. I want a refund!
Ugh! I hate it when all your exams are scheduled in the last two days of finals week. Okay, to be fair, I did take one final on Tuesday. Still, three finals in two days are a little much. That gives you a fair bit of time to wander around aimlessly, taking care of other stuff, and then, Wham! It’s crunch time.
On the plus side, I am halfway to moved out of my dormroom. Normally this process doesn’t begin until the night before they’re supposed to kick me out of the dorms, with much undue stress involved. Still, it seems like an impossible task to finish. The process of moving in is like burying treasure. First you have all your booty in one spot. Then, over time, you stuff it away in varied locations. Eventually, you forget where some of those locations were. That makes moving out that much more difficult, because you have to go through and “discover” all your little treasure caches again.
And, as if the whole process weren’t difficult enough already, Resident Life is making it even worse. They’re requiring the room to pass a white glove test, as well as several other inordinate cleaning standards to avoid being charged for cleaning fees. Something as simple as dusting is a fee of $5. Apparently the budget at the end of the year is a little low, so it’s time to extort the students, again.
No comments:
Post a Comment