I am technically “moved in” to my new abode in Gillette. Okay, so a bunch of boxes scattered about the basement doesn’t exactly scream settled, but all my stuff is finally here, so it’s a start.
It’s hard to move into a house that someone has had all alone for a while. Even though there is technically enough space in the house for everything… The only other complaint I have is internet access. My landlady/roommate’s computer has dial-up. My computer only has whatever wireless it can forage. That pretty much sucks. The hassle might actually be worth the price of getting real high-speed internet put into the house. We’ll see.
I currently have three roommates. In absence (as in absent-minded) of their actual names I have dubbed them Old Cat, Fat Cat, and Shy Cat. They react to these misnomers as well as any cat: ignore them completely. Cats make pretty good roommates; they don’t require very much attention even when the lady of the house is out of town.
I went for an exploratory drive around Gillette this afternoon. It didn’t take very long.
It’s way past my bedtime. I have to be on a bus at 5:40 am. Lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment