It’s halfway over, thankfully. The new house is smaller, the new town is lacking in diversions, and the prolific winter weather has discouraged me from working my klutzy equine. The result is much more family bonding than any sane person should be required to endure. Even if I’m not sane…
Best Thing About Idaho: Snowboarding! I’ve been twice to the local “small” ski resort. Small only describes the lodge and lift capacity, since the mountain is twice the size of the hill that’s the main attraction in the Black Hills.
In the land of snow and ice that is Duluth, MN the snowboarding bug appears to have also bitten my sister. She came home adamament about acquiring her own board (after only boarding three times). The parental units just figure it’s a cheaper hobby than collecting charges of “minor in consumption,” which she engaged in the weekend before finals.
What is one of the most dangerous feats for a beginner snowboarder? If you answered “riding the ski lift” (DING!) you would be correct. First lift of the day yesterday, twisted my knee coming off the ski lift. This was one of the few falls coming of the lift I can’t blame on my sister taking me down. Injured knees so improve the snowboarding experience. Needless to say, it was a short day on the hill.
Next week the family is going to Grand Targhee Resort so that me and my sister may try to kill ourselves on the slopes, again. Soon after, it’s back to school again. I will change my mind when it is upon me, I’m sure, but for now I am looking forward to returning to at least appearing useful.
No comments:
Post a Comment