Thursday, May 8, 2008

Like Always...

…I should be studying. I don’t know what I’m going to say for eight months when there will be nothing to study for. Probably “I should be sleeping,” “I should be at work,” or maybe even “I should be sober.”
Since my last update, the institution of forcible and painful learning was out for the biggest blizzard of the year on the last day of classes, May 2. It was one hell of a blizzard; otherwise the school never would have cancelled. While I sometimes may find the weather frightening (tornado weather, mostly), I am seldom annoyed about it. Mother Nature has quite an ironic sense of humor if you can learn to appreciate it.

Two days later, yours truly bought a motorcycle. Frightened? Unless you happen to also own a motorcycle, or are a reckless and persistent jaywalker, I doubt there’s a good reason. There is a masochistic sort of “beauty” to the motorcycle, at least in the sense that a reckless idiot riding drunk/too fast/etc. is less likely to take other people down with him or her. However, say what you will about other instances, I would prefer not to be the idiot in this equation.
My semester ends tomorrow. Hopefully I will have more time for blogging after it is over. Although, probably not this week. It’s been stipulated that I attend graduation this weekend. I guess that’s what friends are for, sitting through a boring ceremony just to see you walk up and get a piece of paper. I would have gone anyway, but how dumb is it to complain about something you chose on your own. Although, I can’t say I haven’t done that… Anyway, the ceremony is also at nine in the morning. I guess after four or more years, they really want to get them out of there bright and early. Here’s you’re diploma, there’s the door.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget, "Oh, and have you included the Foundation in your charitable giving?"

    Sorry I didn't catch you this weekend ... I admit, I missed a lot of people. Short weekend.

    Congrats on the motorcycle! I have yet to convince myself to learn to ride (despite the fact that I LOVE being a passenger) ... I think part of that is a general unwillingness to tell my mom that I want to. Maybe you, of all people, can understand that one.

    Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete