Yesterday, I finally took some time to familiarize myself with the two presidential finalists. I have been fairly certain of my position for some time, but in order to defend a position you need to have some background. While I typically refrain from debating my political views, I may actually need that capability this time. The boytoy’s house could double as an outpost for the Democratic Party. One of the boytoy’s housemates actually said she didn’t want to speak to her mother because her mother is voting for McCain. It’s okay, I also take bellydance classes with an instructor-non-grata, apparently.
I visited both parties’ web sites. The Republican’s site was unremarkable. However, I was offended by Obama’s site. Before even entering the site, I was asked for a contribution. The site hadn’t even explained to me why I should vote for this guy, yet, let alone give him money! That’s all I needed. McCain! Just kidding, but I am voting for McCain.
A little bit about the issues, then I’ll get off my soapbox. Iraq. It’s a quagmire, and we all know it, but I believe we now have an obligation. History tends to repeat itself, so if you want to get a good idea what will happen if we withdraw now, I have homework for you. Watch the movie Charlie Wilson’s War, and pay particular attention to the ending. Apply.
No comments:
Post a Comment