Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hello, Dilbert?

I have died and gone to a Dilbert comic strip. My work location is cubicles, twenty-five acres of cubicles, under one roof. It's the stuff of nightmares. My supervisor even reminds me of the pointy-haired boss in one respect: he's an education major managing an engineering group. Thankfully, the similarities end there and I believe he will be a good man to work for.

I was quite disappointed to discover yesterday that my job will not include controls, my focus in school. However, today's events have shown me that despite the lack of that significant application, this will still be a unique internship experience. I will not be bored or short of work. I will do work that is interesting and relevant to my major. I will even get to play with some of the machines!

But now it is time for sleep. You know that internship I mentioned? I kind of have to be there in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment