It’s strange being back on campus. This isn’t the first time I’ve been away, but it’s the first time that I’ve been less than enthusiastic about returning. It feels like everyone has graduated. There are bound to be more people than I realize still here, but at the moment I am feeling quite old and disconnected.
Theoretically, I am moved into my run-down, moldy, mouse-traps included school apartment. That means that a large proportion of my possessions are now occupying the space inside my new residence. However, most of that space happens to be in the middle of the floor. I’ve put up posters! That should count for something...
The journey back was fairly uneventful...once it began. My mother and I spent an hour and a half shoveling, salting, plowing, pushing, and unsuccessfully attempting to tow my stuck car out of a snow bank that morning before I was finally on my way. Once en route, I spent the majority of the trip singing along at the top of my lungs to Nickelback and Taylor Swift. A major perk of the solo journey: no one is there to see or, in this instance, hear your guilty pleasures.
Apparently, I know how to pick a good rod...fishing rod, that is. I sent the boyfriend a good fishing pole and reel for his birthday, which is right after the holidays (how inconsiderate!). As mother says, “give a man a fishing pole and you’ll never get rid of him.” Better hope so, because he’s slow... I haven’t even gotten my Christmas present yet! I hope the lateness will correlate to the greatness of the present, but...yeah, right...
Maybe "si-shuns."
ReplyDeleteOkay, back to work.