It never seems like there are enough hours in the day. There definitely never seems to be time to update the blog. I’m staying pretty busy and entertained off the clock as well as on, mostly because my roommates are so damn cool. There’s been none of the usual nonsense and we actually enjoy hanging out together. What a strange concept!
Although today I haven’t been exactly busy. I’ve spent the whole day recovering from my roomie’s daiquiris. I think that may be most rum I’ve ever gone through in a single night. It’s a good thing we’ve been practicing all summer…
I attended a charity gala last night that included a magic show. It was kind of fun, and a roomie and I got all snazzed up for it (there was a skirt involved). The company had a table, and it seems a free meal was not enough to draw out regular employees, because they asked the interns if they’d like to attend. The crowd was a little “seasoned,” so after the main events we bailed on awkward dancing for drinks at home.
My internship is going well, though it has been very different. There’s a unique flavor to this company. It’s definitely a learning experience, in many ways.
Apparently, there aren’t enough women in this town. This week, a women at the plant approached each of the three female interns, separately, and suggested we should hang out with her twenty-something year-old son and his gang of around ten single male friends. Okay… Another woman told me her son had seen one of my roommates out running, and mentioned that he wanted to meet her. However, I feel that she appropriately addressed the matter by telling him: “Those are college girls, career women. They’re not interested in farm boys. You need a farm girl.”
Hahahahahahaha!!
ReplyDeleteBoth for the rum (hey, you live and learn ... and your body develops a tolerance) and for the farm boys. Hate to say it, but as long as you're a young, single career woman -- there will be moms and aunts and grandparents and well-meaning neighbors conspiring against you.