It’s exactly four weeks until the beginning of the fall semester…my last as an undergraduate! Wow! This spring, the year could not pass quickly enough to suit me…but it has certainly tried! The weeks have been absolutely flying!
The house has finally returned to a pretty harmonious state. There have only been four interns living here for the last month. The last couple of weeks have been uncomfortable between one of the roommates and me, but last week we went out for tequila sunrises and a chick flick and everything seems to be back to a reasonably comfortable living situation. Just in time, since we just got a new med student roommate today. I think we're pretty excited to have a new face in the mix, since in this small town we mainly see each other...all the time. Yesterday, we drove 70 miles just to go out for a decent beer, pizza, and ice cream.
There was a bit of a shock in my personal life, last week. Objectively, though, it was exactly what was needed. After letting the situation sink in for a couple of days, it actually feels quite freeing...and that feels amazing! There’s a long road ahead of me, and there’s no reason to take along extra baggage.
I am still trying to decide what to do with myself after graduation. I’ve submitted one graduate application, and another one is nearly completed. There are several more that should only entail minor adjustments to my previous statements. I said it wasn’t a possibility…but I’m also going to submit an application to my school’s brand new Robotics and Intelligent Autonomous Systems graduate program. It’s a very interesting program that happens to fall right in line with my focus areas. Plus, there’s a good chance of obtaining funding. We’ll see what my options are this fall. In addition, I’ll also be applying for some full-time positions. I've been feeling a strong desire to finally enter the professional world, but only if it's something that interests me. Besides, the economy is making it quite attractive to postpone that eventuality.
No comments:
Post a Comment