It's still very early in the semester...but, so far, I'm really enjoying graduate school. It's...different. My professors act more like colleagues than superiors. It's not a universal trait, but supposedly it's a fairly common attitude. In fact, the students in both of my courses tease the professors. My second class in particular (probably because it's after noon), a friend and I usually join forces in picking on the instructor. Of course, we get shit back, but there's nothing like good banter to make class that much better.
Both the boyfriend and I are finding this semester more relaxed than the previous one (at least, so far). I've had time to return to belly dancing and soccer. I've been taking him with me to kung fu and jitterbug lessons. I like having time for things besides school. I even get the chance to read a few pages out of something other than a textbook, every once in awhile. And, of course, we get out to socialize, a little. Often, it's just to get away from our roommate.
Seriously...he needs a life...people to hang out with, things to do...just something to get him out of the house.
Speaking of kung fu...
I think grad school is much, much better than undergrad.
ReplyDeleteI hope you continue to enjoy it!