This last weekend, I decided to satisfy my restless spirit with a weekend in Minneapolis. Tickets were reasonably priced, so I called up a friend and asked if she'd like to meet there.
We went to a musical called How to Talk Minnesotan where we learned the proper usage of the phrases "you bet," "that's different," and "oh-for." We were also instructed on the proper Minnesota man's show of affection (as in, none) and the staple of the Minnesota diet, the hotdish.
Sunday, we met up with an acquaitance from school for lunch at a restaurant near his apartment. Upon arriving at the restaurant, I immediately recognized the building across the street as one my family had visited many times while living in Minnesota. Totino's, the restaurant that once occupied that location, has since relocated. I can personally recommend the new restaurant, Brasa, as the food was tasty and original and I ate way too much.
Since we arrived almost an hour early, my friend and I chose to park the car and walk around the neighborhood looking at the houses. I love Minneapolis architecture. Some may think of wandering around a regular neighborhood commenting on the state of each house as disturbing, but we thought of it as entertainment.
Just to kill some time before my flight, we visited the Mecca of Consumerism. We had just enough time to visit three stores: my favorite shoe store, a chocolate shop, and a homemade cosmetics store where the staff was at least half male and all had personally tried most of the products in the store. The good news is I managed not to buy any new shoes...but I spent the money in the other stores.
Leaving the boyfriend to his own devices for the weekend to watch football and Nascar had pleasant side-effects. I cam home to a cleaner house, homemade cookies, and sushi. Although, he just lost points for stealing my sweet tea a moment ago...
No comments:
Post a Comment