Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Only Tuesday...

...but this week has been murder.  Last week, I discovered that a little aluminum foil over the bedroom windows created a pretty nice cave to sleep in during the daytime.  I actually managed a full eight hours...on Sunday, of course...I had to go back to work on daylight on Monday.  Shit.

It's been a pretty busy month...I've started about a dozen blog posts and never made it through to posting a single one.  The highlights were a canvas painting class with wine and desserts, a triple A baseball game, a belly dance hafla, and pitcher of sangria, a cheese fondue and a delicious dessert.

I also passed the quarter century point last week...and no one noticed.  Okay, so that's not quite true.  My best friend sent me an email letting me know my present was on it's way (delicious tea!) and a coworker specifically remembered to wish me happy birthday on the right day (apparently it was wrong on the birthday report...yes, my company has such a thing).  The almost husband actually remembered but, due to my night shift schedule, didn't get to see me at all on that day.  He made up for it the next day by bringing home flowers, cupcakes and presents.  However, my parents, at least one of whom was allegedly around for the original day being celebrated, totally forgot.  Sure, that might have had something to do with them trying to get my mother on a plane back home from Nova Scotia, but still....and then she woke me up the next day to tell me she forgot.  Thanks, Mom.

Photobucket
"Do you want some tea?  I got you a new mug" - my birthday flowers (and mug) from the almost husband

No comments:

Post a Comment