I haven't done resolutions in years...and I'm not about to start now. But with the new year, I've been thinking about my goals for the year, and here's a few of them:
Fitness
Late 2011, I finally figured out how to do fitness the right way. I've been to the gym once in the last several months (really ought to cancel that membership)...and I look better and feel better than ever. It's almost silly writing these things down, because I'm doing them, anyway. But here we are:
Aerial Class
It's not too hard to keep your goals when you're obsessed!
![]() |
| Scorpion |
Half-Marathons
We did one last year and we're already signed up for two of them this spring. The most difficult part of it will be sticking to the training plan.
![]() |
| Flying Pirate Half-Marathon 2011 |
Obstacle Race/Du- or Triathalon
I want to expand my racing beyond just running.
Yoga
Yoga makes me happy.
Ballet Class
Aerial has opened me up to trying other "artsy" activities and a Charlotte dance company offers adult beginner ballet classes. I'm going to try one session and see how I like it.
Travel
Once again, things I'd do anyway.
Visit Friends and Family
My best friend lives literally across the entire country. My family lives half the country away. It takes time and money to visit these people. But, even if it's just one weekend a year, making time to visit them is important.
Visit Local Sights...Cheaper
We love our weekend getaways...but they can get expensive. However, between LivingSocial, Groupon and off-season travel, if we plan ahead, we can visit these places cheaper.
![]() |
| Camping in Yadkin Valley |
Plan A "Bucket List" Trip
We don't really have a bucket list written out, but there are lots of interesting places we want to go visit. We're thinking about a stay at the ice hotel sometime next winter, but there are lots of other "have to go once" if that doesn't work out.
Domestic
This might be the one area that I'll actually have to work to meet my goals. But, in the interest of domestic harmony...
Cooking
I'm proud of the fact that my husband is master of the kitchen (despite his OCD tendencies towards his kitchen) but it's time I shared some of the cooking...a little...
![]() |
| Carrot & Ginger Soup |
Craft Projects
Lately, I've gotten interested in crafts, decor, and other things. Some of my gifts this year were homemade bath products (which might be what some people will be getting for their birthdays, too).
Speaking of domestic things, I started a new (eventually) joint blog project with my honey at Here's A Knife, Go Play in the Road.




No comments:
Post a Comment