Monday, January 2, 2012

Goodbye Wedding Books!

I just got all my wedding books back from the coworker I loaned them to (she finished planning her wedding in just two months...wow!) and immediately posted all eight of them (seriously, eight!  But I only actually read/used three of them) on PaperbackSwap.  This included the one I was going to read post-wedding about the commercialization of weddings, the one I was going to give to my friend when she got engaged, and the satire with some southern recipes I was thinking of trying in it.  In short, the wedding's over and it's time to move on.  I don't even read the Offbeat Bride website regularly anymore...a site I used to spend a lot of time on, even before getting engaged.  Okay, I'll admit it, since even before meeting the husband.

It's amazing how quickly something that once took up so much of our time, effort and money has become irrelevant.  Our wedding was a blast and there was very little I would change if we had to do it all over again...but I'm really glad we don't have to!

1 comment:

  1. Ohmigosh. I understand completely. After the wedding was school 5 days a week in Speardog, then after that it was holy-crap-we're-moving-to-England. Now, since his orders got pulled and I'm in school 2 days a week, I'm like. Woah. What the heck am I supposed to be doing? Should I get another job? Should I throw myself into housewifing? Ack! LoL!

    ReplyDelete