It's been a rough week, especially one particular day. The stars all aligned in just the wrong places to turn what would normally be a challenging day into an ugly one. Fortunately, my coworkers are pretty easygoing and/or understanding (I wasn't the only one having a rough week), especially when warned up front. I did some snapping, swearing, bitching, venting and got through the day without any incidents. I even had the good sense to stop halfway through a frazzled rant at the wrong person and request to check back with them later.
I'm a little prone to stress-relief impulse-buying...and when a daily deal for the Spartan Sprint just happened to pop up in my email on that very same day, I went for it. Even though I'm already registered for the Warrior Dash. I guess this has become another one of my obsessions because, as usual, I'm already going all in.
It looks like I'll be doing this one alone, since it's relatively close to a half-marathon we're registered for and the husband still recalls not being able to walk for a week after the Flying Pirate (conveniently forgetting that we were only half-trained for that race in the first place). But that's okay. I don't need anyone with me to enjoy getting dirty...although it is more fun with friends! Anyone want to come to North Carolina and get muddy with me?
![]() |
| M Day - I can't even remember what year this was! |

No comments:
Post a Comment