Monday Oct 1st was our one year anniversary. I celebrated by working until 8:30. Fortunately, I'd warned the husband not to plan anything that day. On Tuesday, we took anniversary pictures, which basically means we act goofy like normal, just in front of a camera.
While we were doing pictures, the husband made some quip about us doing more things with my coworkers than his. That Friday was a baby shower for one of the ladies from his office, so I drove down to attend. I dressed nice for work that day because I'd figured on going directly to the party. However, right after lunch my boss told me that, if possible, I should go ahead and get out of there. I went home and painted for a bit (without changing or ruining my nice shirt) and then headed down to the event. The main event was two of the coworkers drinking their beer out of baby bottles.
On Saturday, after aerial class, Cody took me on our anniversary staycation, a night at the Duke Mansion. It's about thirty minutes from our house. After we checked-in, he took me to a wine festival with something like twenty different vineyards providing samples of their wine. We'd actually been to quite a few of the vineyards present, but still we enjoyed reminding ourselves what we'd liked about their wines and discovering new selections.
We stayed in and watched college football that night, which was his anniversary present. Of course, I couldn't help it that his team decided to lose that night and we went to bed in the third quarter.
I was really looking forward to running through the nice neighborhoods of downtown that morning...however the bed was just too comfortable. I didn't even feel bad about it because it was pouring rain when we finally got up for breakfast. That night we found a park relatively nearby with a 5K cross country track (dirt is easier on the body than asphalt) for my last long run, a ten miler.

No comments:
Post a Comment