"Do you think purgatory is like a never-ending PA?"
I returned from vacation just in time for the shitstorm. I won't go into detail (it takes too much effort to translate all of the company jargon) but the gist of it involved ever-shifting numbers, unrealistic expectations and crazy long hours. Fortunately, I was still recovering from the marathon because even exercise was on the back burner.
Unlike the last two years, I'll no longer be able to blame someone else for the year's unrealistic projections. I handled the entire business plan for my areas. In a masochistic sort of way, it was a compliment. My boss had faith in me to take care of it with very little oversight. Of course, there was an element of necessity in there since he was taking care of the planning for the rest of the plant.
The whole thing finally wound down last week and I'm trying to figure out what normal life looks like...it's been six weeks since this thing started!
No comments:
Post a Comment