The husband is a social creature so that was the theme for his birthday this year. Technically, that was almost a month ago. And we did celebrate that weekend with a surprise dinner with a friend from his old workplace. Our waitress was also completely high...I'm talking dilated pupils, hunger cravings, random non-sequitors, mis-remembering orders and taking one order then dashing off to the kitchen. But she checked on us frequently. I tipped her reasonably...didn't want her in trouble with her drug dealer.
His actual present was five tickets to a dirt track race on the Friday before Memorial Day. I'd invited my coworkers to attend and had two of them (and one spouse for those that insist on doing the math) take me up on it.We initially made fun of all the people in safety glasses but soon learned that they were actually much smarter than we were. With the lights, sunglasses worked alright to keep the dust out of our eyes. Once the cars got around the track a couple of times, there was too much dust to see what was actually going on down there, anyway. Not that they got that far very often...sometimes they didn't even get a whole lap in between cautions. There was one epic crash but a lot of spin-outs. I started cheering every time they finished a lap.
![]() |
| "I wear my sunglasses at night..." |
![]() |
| With photobomb by neckbrace guy... |



No comments:
Post a Comment