As part of my training for my new job, I spent two weeks at our facility in Canada...in January. In the cold & snow & ice...
It was wonderful!
First of all, if we ever move back to a place where snow is prevalent, we are buying snow tires. Having been a poor college student the last time snow tires would even have been an option, I've never driven with them before. The difference was amazing! And no it's not just because I work for a tire company.
Secondly, the snow was beautiful! I miss winter living in the south. Everyone in Nova Scotia was acting like I'd come at the wrong time but this was exactly the right time for me. And while there was a decent snowstorm during this period, none of the winter weather hindered my travel.
I also really enjoyed working with the Canadians. They were so very upfront, it was a helluva 180 from the southern states. My responses were equally upfront and we got along great. I also bought some of them off with cookies.
It was a great trip and a good time. The time I've spent there will make it easier when I have to work with some of these people from almost the distance of a continent. The only issue was that consistent communication with my family was difficult, as they're currently living in temporary rental without wifi. So Cody was more than ready for me to come home by the time my trip was over.
To cap it off, I was able to fly the corporate jet home. It's a nice plane but it's usually packed to capacity. The main luxury is the ability to show up, hand the pilots your passport and get on the plane. We had everyone so we took off 40 mins early. That doesn't happen flying commercial. And no, there is not any alcohol on the plane. The pilot said every other corporate jet he's ever flown has it but not my company.
No comments:
Post a Comment