This weekend I was feeling like a regular ol' socialite, ya know? Friday night, Tom and I went to a Masquerade Ball. Pretty much the first "semi-formal" dance that Tech's held in quite a while. I even got snazzed up in a cute little number that had been hiding in my closet for quite some time. Look out! Was that a low-flying pig?
Tom and I took the opportunity to show off our dancing skills quite a bit, by doing some two-stepping and lots of jitterbugging. Poor guy! He was tired out within like the first hour, but I was still bugging him for more at the end of the night. I thought we were one of the best couples out there (especially since people kept coming over to ask Tom how to do some jitterbug moves). Apparently the judges weren't into the whole ball theme though, because they picked a raver as best dancer. That was ridiculous. The DJ was awful, too. He'd play a whole long set of the same thing, even if the music was bad and the floor was clear. But we still had fun.
Afterwards, we headed to Boston's because a couple of guys were turning 21. I was having a great time, until I managed to put my foot in it. I really should start wearing flavored socks.
Saturday we went to the SDSMT Symphonic Band and Concert Choir performance. The band was pretty good, but the choir was awesome. I really enjoyed the after-hours performance, too. In a dinner setting, the jazz band and master chorale performed a bunch of little numbers. It was really fun.
See what I mean about feeling cultured? All we needed was a bottle of wine...
Yeah, we did that too.
Well, at least I did
ReplyDelete