It’s sad. Not only is there no social life for me here in Gillette (not that the hours I work are conducive of that kind of thing, anyway), I can’t even fake a social life through the use of electronic means. Along with the internet limitations, my phone has no screen. I can call people…if I know their number.
Gillette isn’t exactly a hub of civilization, either. So…no help there. At least none of my bad habits are here, either. I guess that’ll help in the funds retention department.
My first week at work has been pretty uneventful…sadly. Hopefully that will change with my safety training coming up this weekend. I get to spend 12 hours of both Friday and Saturday in a classroom listening to MSHA regulations. Fun.
The future is looking bright, though. Next week I get to get out of the office and get my hands dirty (and everything else, for that matter). I’m looking into new internet service. I’ll have next Friday off. Can you say three-day-weekend? Yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment