Thursday, August 30, 2007

Good Horse

Not! I guess she was decent enough today after I got annoyed enough to deal with her. She needs that. After that I only had to deal with the minor heart attack every half-mile or so (A bird! Something moved!). Still, she’s like a jumpy girl at a horror film.

The new homestead is pretty awesome. The house is alright, but it’s the land that’s really cool. There are four irrigated pastures with enough grass to support more than just our four horses. There are also two barns, a tack room, a bunch of sheds, a shop, a couple paddocks, and two natural springs that supply the household, barn and some of the pastures water. It’s a horsewoman’s dream. Too bad I won’t be around to enjoy it much.

I am now a licensed driver for the state of Idaho. I even have a motorcycle endorsement. Scared? You should be.

I’ll be back in Rapid tomorrow. It’s been a short visit, but already I’m restless. Lately it’s been that if there aren’t ten things going on at once, I’m bored. Come next week, though, boredom will be a distant memory. I have school, a job, soccer, and kung fu all hitting me full blast that first week. Not to mention a social life I’m eager to revive. What social life? Well, let’s just say that I’ll have a few more people I should go get a little crazy with this fall than I did this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment