I love wine! I’ve loved it for a lot longer than it has been particularly legal, but there’s not a lot anyone can do about it now. From that standpoint, at least, it was a lovely weekend.
On Saturday, Tom and I actually dressed up very nice and went out to a wine dinner put on by our favorite wine store and a local restaurant. It was wonderful. The food was amazing, three courses of almost heaven, and I must describe it despite your boredom or envious hunger. There was a strange appetizer pairing of meat and a peach, a seared scallop with a creamy sauce (my favorite), a beef prime ribeye, and a roast of wild boar, plus wine to match each dish. I’m drooling on the keyboard just remembering.
Tom was actually lucky he was able to enjoy the dinner at all. He’d spent the entire day completely hung-over after him and a friend went through one and three-quarters bottles of parrot bay rum. It seems to be a rule that if there is something nice planned, the boys will do something stupid to try to screw it up.
The next day, on a whim, we got dressed up again and went up to the Prairie Berry Fezziwig Festival, another wine and food pairing event. Cheaper and more casual, but still lots of fun. There was live music, a chance to see the winery production area, and, of course, good food and wine. All the keys to a successful event, at least in my book.
It also snowed this weekend, at least a couple of inches. Nothing like what my sister is getting in
No comments:
Post a Comment