Sunday, January 20, 2008

School Days

I’m back. That’s sort of surprising, considering the fact that we drove through a rather determined snowstorm on Tuesday that lasted from Montpelier, ID through Sturgis, SD. Actually, my sister drove; I clutched the passenger seat in terror.

My sister stayed for a day (because apparently my apartment wasn’t enough of a pig sty already) then was off to stay with her roommate’s family until her school starts. It’s not as if they’ll see each other all semester, I guess.

Pre-term festivities began on Wednesday with a friend’s 21st birthday party. Another friend’s return from Afghanistan was cause for celebration on Thursday (also Friday). Officially, classes started Thursday, but I went to my first one on Friday. It’s a little unusual to begin classes the day before a three-day weekend, but I like having the time to readjust to college life again.

Speaking of school, my homework is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment