The numbers on my scale and the price of a gallon of gasoline have one thing in common: both have gone beyond reasonable levels. Luckily, there is also a common solution: walking. In the last two weeks, I have used my car to commute to work, period. I have walked to the grocery store multiple times, a friend’s house, belly dance class, and kung fu. I’ve even managed to convince the lazy boytoy to join me on quite a few of these health and environmentally motivated adventures. Probably because he has also noticed a slight paunch adorning his typically slim figure.
Realistically, I doubt the actually mileage I’m covering on foot are producing any significant monetary savings. On the other hand, the fact that I’m not just hopping in the car for a short little trip to the grocery store and ending up at the mall across town is probably producing some effects. It’s just something I can feel good about on multiple levels…even though I do hate being part of a fad.
While playing with a brand new Wii Fit (something I really enjoyed, despite its harsh comments about my pleasantly plump figure) at the boytoy’s residence the other day I realized fitness is trendy. I guess a workout video game was kind of a big clue. Perhaps between this new trend and the price of gasoline it will be time for everyone to finally get off their collective assets.
No comments:
Post a Comment