Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Political Thoughts

A further consideration of the political landscape may force my revision of an earlier statement. There is a high risk of a badgering from my father, but my conscience requires a fair consideration of both candidates, not purely based upon attraction and promises, but on their impact on the direction of the country.

I like John McCain. If the country were on an even keel, politically speaking, I would vote for the republican. I agree with some of the underlying philosophies of the republican party. Unfortunately, the country has listed quite significantly. The Bush administration has done some serious damage to the government of this country. Some of the harm needs to be resolved in the next president’s term.

I do not believe that John McCain equates to a third Bush term. I have trouble imagining anyone, even the most die-hard republicans, desiring that (except Cheney). I do fear that another republican president may not go far enough to reverse the damage done by the previous administration. This country has wandered too far right, a left pull on the wheel will provide some correction. After all, it may take Obama four years to clear away the residue left by the last president. I can always vote republican in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment