I didn’t really believe my heart could ever break like this. I didn’t even know that it could.
I’ve always kept myself very well protected. I broke those barriers for him. He let me, but then he said that the distance was too much to handle.
Being with him made me strive to be a better person. It made me find the caring pieces of myself that hadn’t seen the light of day. It made me find the confidence to show that caring side in the open. That isn’t something I can expect to find around every corner. I don’t even want to try looking. I know I’ll just end up disappointed.
Life is full of surprises. There may be something completely unexpected and wonderful waiting for me. Until I find that, I am going to hold onto hope of this kind. I have desired to return there since before we met. The time frame may have changed, but I still feel that there will be a place there for me in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment