Saturday, February 27, 2010

Love-Hate Relationship

I'm in a love-hate relationship...with the Robotics and Intelligent Autonomous Systems graduate program.

On the one hand, I hate spending a week straight in the Linux lab to complete a single homework, the frustration of programs that don't work, relying on a curve to pass tests, etc.

On the other hand, I love that last day when my program is working and it's outputting the write values and now I'm tweaking it to try and make it better, when students that I consider better programmers than me are asking me how to get theirs working, the fact that this is the area that I'm most interested in studying, the moment when I finally understand the material the teacher is covering (two weeks later).

I love the fact that I'm a mechanical engineering student in a program filled with computer science and electrical engineering nerds...and I'm still achieving above average.

I hate the fact that this program is only offered here. I still don't really want to stay here much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment