It has been an exceedingly rough month. It's been a bit of a trying time for the family. My dad is actively looking for a new job and we don't know yet where my parents will end up. In addition, the boyfriend and I will not be moving to Los Angeles this summer. While I'm most certainly not heartbroken over missing out on the "LA experience," I am rather disappointed for him. It seemed like a great fit and good career opportunity. Though, he discovered a rather problematic company attitude a little too late...
The loss of this offer has forced me to finally get my head in the game. I've had an ongoing courtship with a company since the fall semester. Last semester, I wasn't ready to leave Rapid City and wanted to try out graduate school. Well, I've tried it and I'm not so sure I want to come back...and I'm definitely ready to leave Rapid. The night we found out, I sent them an email inquiring about positions. The next day, I received a phone call from the recruiter. The following day (today), I've already been asked to interview on-site with one of the plants. I'm very much appreciating the quick response.
The company I interviewed with almost an entire month ago finally sent me my rejection email on Wednesday (after I emailed one of the interviewers asking for it). Admittedly, I had a good idea when I left the interview that I hadn't landed the job. However, shouldn't it be common courtesy to at least send an email after an interview? I definitely have not been impressed with that company's handling of it's interviewees.
I'm attempting to survive the end of the semester. I'm not sure I'm suceeding. I started a part-time lackey-type job a few weeks back, and it's actually not bad. It's weird, though. It's been five years since I've worked as anything besides an engineering intern.
Egads. What a mess, really. I hope things work out for your parents -- and good luck with your own interview.
ReplyDelete