Friday, February 10, 2012

Wild (Purple) Hair

I have a little rebel streak in me.  And lately it's decided it needs purple hair.  Well, I've actually been wanting to dye my hair that color for over a year but didn't think it was actually doable while remaining gainfully employed at a large conservative company.  However, I finally decided to check the employee handbook and, low an behold, there wasn't a single mention of hair color (or piercings, for that matter). 

Purple Up


So, my little rebel streak is now a little purple streak in my hair.  I was a bit nervous that someone would get all bent out of shape at work but no such thing happened.  It's definitely fun when people see it...

"Oh, that's not too bad."

"What the hell happened to your hair?"

"When are you going to dye the rest of it?"

"How long has your hair been purple?"


The husband was actually discouraging me to encourage me to do it.  It makes sense in a twisted sort of way, if you note the fact that I've used "rebel" several times in this post.  Anyway, I'm really happy with my little crazy streak, even if it did take three hours at the salon to get it.  Apparently my hair is stubborn, like the rest of me.

Purple from Back

2 comments:

  1. I love that your husband was "discouraging you to encourage you" - He should tell Ray how that works. LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Red or Pink can be other good options too :)

    ReplyDelete