Sunday, October 21, 2012

Murder, Mystery & Long Runs - Week Thirteen

This week began the busy season at my work, the annual yearly planning period.  I'd told the husband that this week would be crazy, so asked him to get some food made for me for while he was away.  He made me french toast casserole, meatloaf and three-cheese lasagna.  I was a little tired of it by the end of the week but it saved me having to cook after leaving work at seven.

The husband flew back in on Friday.  On Saturday, I went to get my hair re-colored before we went to a murder mystery dinner show.  The hairstylist was running behind that day, so offered me a reduced rate to color.  Instead, I asked he to help me put it in a pin up style for my date night with the hubby.  Thirty minutes of styling later, I had a fun and funky hair-do for my night out.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


The murder mystery dinner was interesting.  Members of the audience were actually given parts and made suspects in the drama and asked to investigate one another to determine the guilty party by voting.  Unfortunately, the food was terrible so unless they relocate restaurants I'd have trouble recommending the show.  However, it was a fun way to spend an evening.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Dressed up for our murder mystery date.


The next day we drove up to Morrow Mountain for my last 20 mi long run before my marathon.  We didn't get started until the afternoon but fortunately the weather had turned reasonable.  I ran the half marathon course that had been run there a week earlier, adding some parts to it to get the distance.  I finished in four and a half hours.  I know that's a really long time to spend running.  Cody ran the 10K course he'd raced on the week before for Run the Valley (in 55 mins!) and then checked on me regularly throughout the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment