Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Favorite Responses to Prying Babymaking Questions

My office is experiencing a bit of a baby boom. Of the three girls in the industrial engineering department, two of them are pregnant and due within two months of one another.  Another coworker's wife is due smack in the middle.  So a girl came up to me in the ladies room...

Her:  "Are you going to be the next IE?" *pats belly*
Me:  "What?  No.  Well, not anytime soon."
Her:  "Why?"
Me:  "Because I don't plan my babymaking based on the group."

Keep in mind, I don't even know this girl's name.  I think I recovered pretty well from being blindsided.  However, in the spirit of being prepared for a next time, I dug up a few great responses to this prying question.  I'm not quite brave enough to use some of the more scandalous ones at work, but anywhere else...watch out!
  • "Are you asking if our sex life is for business or pleasure?"
  • "But we're having so much fun practicing!"
  • "By the way, how's your sex life?"
  • "Someday but not today."
  • "Why do you ask?"
  • "Oh, we only do anal."
  • "And what position do you recommend for conception?"
  • "Well we are fucking like rabbits."

Here's some of my source material for these gems:

"My ovaries, his sperm, and other dinner conversations: why we're not discussing our conception plans"
"How can I politely tell people that my reproductive goals are none of their business?"

1 comment:

  1. ......Bahahahahahahaha!!!

    You know, I think I'll just cope with the awkward "why are you single" questions and be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete