Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Universe is Telling Me Not to Run this Marathon...

"Good luck, fellas!"
"We're gonna die!"
~Megamind

We have a marathon coming up in two weeks and we're so not ready for it.  The closest we've come in our training is about half the distance.  We'll come no where near the time of my first marathon.  I'll be lucky to complete the thing in the seven hour time window.  But we signed up for the dang thing, so we're going.  Although we'd have dropped out a month ago if it weren't for the fact that we're meeting my sister there.

Anyway, so as if illness and the chaos of moving totally derailing our training weren't enough, I cannot keep the date of this thing straight.  Normally planning vacations is one of my strong points but not this time.  I initially booked our plane tickets for the wrong weekend.  Fortunately, I realized my mistake the same day, which allowed me to cancel it painlessly.  Then I had it stuck in my head that the race was Sunday and booked our hotel room accordingly.  I bet you can see where this is going...it's on Saturday and having a hotel for Saturday & Sunday night totally defeats the purpose of having that hotel room.  I had to call the hotel to see if they had anything available on a sold-out weekend.  They did have one but we might have to move rooms (pack up all our luggage at 5:00 AM before getting on the shuttle to the starting line).  Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment