My training plan called for 16 miles. I started in Badin and headed up Morrow Mountain. By the end of the first mile I felt like puking. But this was the last mileage building run in the training plan before tapering to the race. My "peak," so to speak, so dropping it was not a good idea. I walked half of it, but I made it all 16 miles. I couldn't have done it without my husband (with puppy in tow) acting as my support team meeting me along my route. In the end, it wasn't pretty but it got done.
Sunday, March 30, 2014
Sunday Long Run
Nothing screws up a nice lazy Sunday like an unfinished long run. On Saturday it was raining so we decided to go car shopping. On Sunday morning...well we were just exhibiting general laziness. We didn't even eat lunch until right before heading out the door to run at 4:30.
My training plan called for 16 miles. I started in Badin and headed up Morrow Mountain. By the end of the first mile I felt like puking. But this was the last mileage building run in the training plan before tapering to the race. My "peak," so to speak, so dropping it was not a good idea. I walked half of it, but I made it all 16 miles. I couldn't have done it without my husband (with puppy in tow) acting as my support team meeting me along my route. In the end, it wasn't pretty but it got done.

My training plan called for 16 miles. I started in Badin and headed up Morrow Mountain. By the end of the first mile I felt like puking. But this was the last mileage building run in the training plan before tapering to the race. My "peak," so to speak, so dropping it was not a good idea. I walked half of it, but I made it all 16 miles. I couldn't have done it without my husband (with puppy in tow) acting as my support team meeting me along my route. In the end, it wasn't pretty but it got done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment