Friday, August 22, 2008

Last Minute Fun

I haven’t updated on any of my antics since Frontier Days. That’s almost a month! Do you have any idea the kind of trouble I can get into in that amount of time? Here’s a sampling:
The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was August 1 – 10. It was unusual this year, because in addition to Harleys, there were many other makes of motorcycle. I saw Hondas and Kawasakis being tolerated without problems. I almost wished I’d brought my Rebel.
The great thing about the rally (besides the incredible boost in the local economy) is the concerts it brings in. Quite a few of the acts would be very difficult to convince to hit this side of South Dakota, otherwise. The boytoy and I took advantage of this. We went to the Buffalo Chip two nights. The first night we saw Puddle of Mudd and Alice Cooper, and no one got too crazy.
Thursday night we went to see Sugarland and ZZ Top. The boytoy wanted to see ZZ Top perform “before they died”. We decided to camp, this time. Let me warn you: if you think the concerts are wild, the campsite is worse. For example, I saw a naked man riding a motorcycle. That cannot be comfortable. Anyway, a friend also attended the concert with us (fully clothed), and we snuck in a water bottle of vodka and a boot flask of whiskey. The three of us were d-r-u-n-k before the first concert had even begun. I managed to clear a space in front of our chairs so I could dance with the boytoy, or dance without the boytoy. I basically spent the whole concert drinking and dancing. It was a wonderful time.
There has also been a rash of parties at the boytoy’s house. I believe this may be partially because a former roommate who liked to talk a better party game than she liked to play, has left the house Anyway, there have been a couple of impromptu parties and a ninjas vs. pirates birthday party. I was a pirate, of course.
I had my own birthday party as a small wine and grilling party in a Japanese garden. I love my friend’s Japanese garden, it’s very soothing to relax and hang out in. This time we went to another person’s garden which is much more mature. It was enjoyable, and the boytoy made me a lovely cake.
Well, that’s a short summary of my antics for the month of August. Looking forward to more of a different sort, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment