The boytoy and his family departed at 5:15 this morning for Maryland. His oldest sister’s getting married on Sunday, which also happens to be my birthday. I’m sure she planned it that way. I drove down to Plattsmouth with him yesterday, since neither of our vehicles are acting terribly cooperative, it was best to journey together.
I’m now moping a little, alone in the boytoy’s parents’ house. It’s a little strange to be alone here. I’m probably going to stay another night before leaving for Illinois. My company somehow managed to miscount the number of interns arriving for the fall semester and failed to initially allot enough housing for everyone. Therefore, my move-in date has changed from Saturday to Sunday and my housing has gone from a campus apartment to extended stay hotel (with the added bonus of being a bit seedy, based on the reviews I’ve read).
My sister is meeting me in Omaha tonight, and I fear we will be doing some shopping tomorrow morning. My sister is a power shopper, particularly when it comes to spending other people’s money. I believe mother has decided I need some more clothes for work and unleashed the bargain huntress upon me for that purpose.
I start work on Monday. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment