Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bedbugs

The return trip from my long weekend in the boytoy’s hometown was slightly more eventful than necessary. Monday night, at around eleven o’clock I was pretty close to the Illinois border when it seemed that the road had gotten a little too bumpy. I pulled over and found my front tire F-L-A-T! Changing a tire on the interstate with semis whizzing past your head is not something I would recommend as an enjoyable time, but I got the doughnut on the car and made my way to a truck stop nearby. I used their phone book to call several places and see if I could get a tire anywhere this hour. Yeah, right.

I walked out of the truck stop and strolled around the car while I was chatting on the cell phone. I then noticed the opposite tire was also flat! Unbelievable!

So … I checked into a hotel across the street, and got my car towed and fixed in the morning. My boss was very understanding, thankfully. I was kind of worried no one would believe me because of the long weekend. Of course, maybe the voice mail I left at one in the morning helped.

And, wouldn’t you know, when I finally got home I was covered in bites. It seems I got bit by bedbugs that night, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment