Friday, December 5, 2008

Fluffy Bunny

I went out the other night with the boyfriend and his friends...

Umm...about that...

Anyway, we were out with his friends. Personally, I was being generally civil. Okay, maybe we’ll go with reasonably non-combative. He, however, told a drunken friend that she got stupid and loud when she was drunk, which apparently offended her. That seems like a typical response to alcohol in my experience. Big deal, right?

Apparently so. One of her friends had to come over and tell him how awful if was to offend her, and why couldn’t we all just get along...blah, blah, blah...gag...

Well, my bullshit levels quickly reached maximum capacity listening to this crap. One snide comment, and suddenly this ridiculous campaign for bar peace had a new focus. What was my problem with her?

My exact words? There’s no problem. Now, go away.

Unfortunately, that oh-so-subtle hint went right over the first time. So, I repeated myself. Several times. For some reason, she felt that by standing there and asking me over and over what my problem was there would be a tectonic shift in the result.

Buzz...wrong answer.

“It’s not like she can just wave a wand and make you a nice fluffy bunny,” commented a friend of mine. The Killer Rabbit might be a possibility, though...

1 comment:

  1. You know, I've described you several different ways over the years. I'm pretty sure the word "fluffy" never once crossed my mind.

    ReplyDelete