Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rough Weekend

The family had a bit of a tough weekend as a whole.

The not-so-favorite-at-the-moment daughter and her cohort in crime attacked and killed one of the barn kitties at the homestead. It’s particularly sad because she was the cuddliest of all the critters, and everyone’s favorite.

My sister’s car was sideswiped while parked out on the street. It broke the mirror and scratched the side. Not too much damage, but a bit of a bummer. The interesting section was that one of her roommates saw the damage, but since she and my sister have been having issues, got one of her other roommates to call about it instead. Girls.

The icing on the cake was a little difficulty between the boyfriend and I. It kind of sounds like we do a lot of fighting, doesn’t it? The thing is that there was plenty of disagreement with the former boytoy, I was just never confident enough to post about them. Besides, I think a little conflict is a necessity.

Anyway, my neurosis over selecting a senior design project last week (I have to pick one thing to work on for an entire year! It’s kind of a big deal!) seems to have gotten to him, a little bit. However, now that things are settled, my neurotic side has mostly abated.

I chose to join the Human Powered Vehicle Team. Yes, that is essentially a fancy way to say bicycle/tricycle design team. I am glad I took the opportunity to look at each team before making a final decision. I never would have picked this team on my own. However, I think I have chosen well. I will still hate life by the end of the semester, but I think that's a given your senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment