Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Saga Continues

Next time, I hope he just lets me return the damn thing...

I retrieved the necklace from the jeweler today. It was returned to essentially original condition. I was given the recommendation that nothing could be done to make it lie better, otherwise the chain could not pass through. I returned home and tried it on. The result was the same as had annoyed me before.

I think they just lacked imagination. My new favorite tool made an appearance. I only damaged the upper segment. Beyond repair, this time I’m sure. I made a visit to a local bead shop with the chain and stone. It cost less than a dollar to make the stone (topaz or aquamarine) wearable. I will look for a new pendant.

Lessons learned...don’t take things to a jeweler and next time get the receipts.

I also doubt there will be any more gifts of jewelry in the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment