Yikes! Time flies...well, not sure exactly how to complete that statement. This last year has contained some serious highs and some significant lows.
My boss planned a going-away barbeque for the three remaining interns yesterday, without knowing it was my birthday. I didn’t exactly have plans, anyway, so it was good timing.
Apparently, she has a mint plant that’s fairly prolific. When we met her at the blues festival a month ago, her and her friends were finishing off a can of mint juleps. So, I asked if she was making mojitos for the party. I didn’t realize how much work went into the dang things! But they were quite good!
I did manage to avoid having “too much fun” last night. I actually got restless at five o’clock this morning, and decided to go run six miles. I couldn’t see my feet for most of the venture. I enjoyed it, even though it was still too hot and humid out.
Tomorrow is my last day of work. I am looking forward to my mini-vacation in Minnesota. Not so sure about this whole going back to school thing...
Oh, well. One more semester, then it’s onto a new adventure, one way or another.
A run at 5am? You are such a morning person :)
ReplyDeleteHope you have fun in Duluth! You certainly deserve a vacation.
I really don't want to go back to school on Monday. Because it means I only have one semester left, and I'm trying to avoid the whole "graduation" thing like the plague. I don't feel grown-up enough to graduate.
Haley
Time flies like ... time ... um ... yeah.
ReplyDeleteSo at least six times on Tuesday I thought, "Well. I know there's something I'm supposed to remember about the 25th. What the *&^% is it?"
Happy birthday a couple days late!
And enjoy your return to Tech. I promise -- you'll miss it some day. A little, at least.