Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vacation

School started a week ago. The speed of the summer has just kept right on rolling into the start of school. Of course, that's always the way it is when you're unprepared.

I finished up my summer internship two weeks ago with a presentation to the big dogs of the plant about my proposed changes. I would say the result was positive. It will take time to implement the improvements, but I’d say the summer project was a success. One of my key components is due to be installed next week, actually.

Then, I headed off for a little Minnesota vacation with my sister. I stopped in Omaha to see a roomie from earlier this summer. The house has not been nearly as much fun since she left. The next day I drove all the way up to my sister’s place in Duluth. The original plan was to meet in the twin cities, but a vehicle had issues with that idea.

The next day we drove down to the cities and went to the Minnesota State Fair. That trip was governed by the food. The fair fare included: corn on the cob, garlic bread, strawberries and fudge, lemonade, fries, a pita wrap, a bucket of chocolate chip cookies and glasses of milk. We pretty much rolled out of there. That night we also went to a Twins game. They even managed to win…

The next day, we braved the Mall of America for shopping and a dinner show. With a very entertaining saleswoman serving as an accomplice, my sister convinced me to buy two pair of heels. I tried on almost the entire store in the process. But I’m absolutely in love with this pair…

Photobucket

The dinner show was “Tony ‘n Tina’s Wedding.” It’s a comedy show where members of the audience are the wedding guests. It was hilarious. If I ever get to plan a bachelorette party in Minneapolis…there were actually two there that night!

On the way back to Rapid, I got to meet up with a friend for lunch in Sioux Falls. Conveniently enough, she was flying out that afternoon for work, so would be in town anyway. It was wonderful to get to see so many people on one short trip.

This last week, I've just been trying to get back to this "school thing"...

1 comment:

  1. So what are you up to next week? (Fantastic shoes, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete