Tuesday, September 22, 2009

M Week

I’ve been back at school for a couple of weeks, and I’ve been as busy as ever. I’m taking a heavy load of courses for a graduating senior and I’ve joined a new team for senior design, the clean snowmobile team. Even with the busy schedule, I have good feelings about this semester.

Last week was M week. As a senior, I’ve been doing my duty and collecting garters. I managed twenty-two, which is a far cry from the supposed goal of one-hundred-and-ten. The only people that get that many are either alcoholics or seventh year seniors. I probably shouldn’t be pointing any fingers...

M Day itself was pretty awesome. I didn't have classes that day, so I was out garter drinking late the night before and then I started with the traditional M Day breakfast of skillets and 40s at 7:00 am. I drunk dialed my sister at 10:00 am. Apparently, I even beat my father and his “advanced fluids lab” for early morning drinking...

Hall Inn Breakfast

Skillets and 40s at the Hall Inn

I rode over to M Hill with the baja team, who happened to be one of the first groups to start dragging victims into the mud. As if getting covered in mud wasn’t enough, they decided to also cover one teammate with flour. Never a dull moment on M Day...

Riding to M Hill

Riding to M Hill

Flouring Plot

Flouring

Baja Team Muds and Flours a Teammate

Muddy

M Day 2009 Portrait

Muddy Team

I had to wash off in the creek even before climbing the hill. There’s finally a senior plaque with my name on it up there. It only took five and a half years...

Senior Plaque

2009 - 2010 Senior Plaque

No comments:

Post a Comment