Sunday, November 21, 2010

Working Weekend


This morning I dragged my butt to work.  My vacation days are already going to be used up between our trip to Vegas and Christmas.  We're not going anywhere for Thanksgiving this year, but the boyfriend's plant is closed on Friday and I thought it would be fun to have a four-day weekend.  And my boss is pretty flexible, so why not?

Oddly enough, I discovered I really like working on the weekend (well, as long as it's my idea, which is true of most things).  Sure, it's harder than hell to get your butt out of bed in the morning when you know you don't absolutely have to be there.  I caught shit from the operators, since I was planning on coming in at five to catch start-up.  I discovered that alarms set to go off Monday - Friday won't really help wake you up on a Sunday.  I did make it in by seven and I think I accomplished enough to make it more than a fair trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment