Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Damn

I outed myself at work yesterday.  I was telling a story to the office gossip, and it slipped out.  I just kept right on going with the story, while giving myself a mental kick.  I thought I'd gotten away with it until a couple sentences later, when she finally caught it.

"Hey, wait a minute, fiance instead of boyfriend.  Is there a story there?"

I just kind of played dumb as she tried to pry more information out of me.  No, there's no story.  Nope, we haven't firmed up anything yet.  Finally, when she realized there would be no further information offered, she allowed me to continue with the original, now boring story.

I'm sure the whole plant will soon be in the know.  Originally, we were keeping our engagement quiet so we could tell my parents in person over the holidays.  I also wanted to keep the exciting news to a limited group of closer friends and coworkers while getting used to the idea.  It takes awhile!

Anyway, after a month and a half, here's the official announcement...

Photobucket

And, yes, we do actually have a story.  I may even get around to posting it sometime...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! And I'm looking forward to the story... :)

    ReplyDelete