Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Incident at the Climbing Gym

Like everything else about us, not your normal proposal story...

November 30, 2010


We were meeting after work to go climbing at a gym in Charlotte.  I got out of work a little late that day and Cody was working on some bouldering routes by the time I arrived.  When I got back from the locker room, he had already gotten our climbing gear from the front desk.  He even offered to put on my shoes for me.

He got down on one knee and put on my right shoe first, then tried the left shoe, but there was something in it.  He took it back off and pulled a jewelry box out of it.  Note that these shoes are owned by the climbing gym and worn by many different people throughout the day...something he didn't really think about.  Anyway, I'll bet you can guess what comes next?

Photobucket

"Will you marry me?"

"Seriously?"

Yes, I really did.  It wasn't the response he was anticipating, but he completely floored me.  I expected him to maybe start thinking about rings sometime next summer.  And, yes, I may have also been thinking, "You're really proposing to me in a climbing gym?"

I answered yes, because that's what your supposed to say, right?  Of course I wanted to marry him, but it was really too sudden.  I needed some time to think about it.  So we talked about it and he held onto the ring.  After a day, I called him on his way to work and gave him my answer.  And, of course, we know what that answer was...

No comments:

Post a Comment