Sunday, January 30, 2011

I-Hell

This has been my first whole weekend off since New Year's.  I think we spent most of it lost in the maze that is Ikea.  I hope there's never a fire in one...nobody would know how to get out!  And the place is more crowded than wally-world.

We ended up making three trips to the confusing place and it'll be four by the time we're done.  The first trip, we decided for some unknown reason that the new bookcase should match the tv stand, whose color we couldn't remember (and which doesn't match the couch or the coffee table either).  The second trip, we determined that the box would not fit into the car.  The third trip, we actually brought purchases home...only to find out one was broken.  I believe I'll be sending my associate by himself for trip number four.


The weekend wasn't a total waste.  We also tried out a delicious recipe for Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting.  A little more involved than a normal cupcake recipes, but totally worth it.  Just what we needed, more sugary treats...

No comments:

Post a Comment