You've got to be careful when you do it at work...
Today, I attended a training over one of the tools we use for operators to report their production. One of the exercises was using role play so that managers could practice teaching the tool to their operators.
An "operator" and a manager went through the tool together in front of the group.
The comedy started right away with a discussion of the late start-up due to being "tore up from getting a breakfast biscuit from Shady's Cafe."
Then there was this exchange, that was clearly not intended by the person playing the manager.
Operator: Well I ran out of raw material, John Doe [her husband, who works in the plant as an operator] is filling in at material handler and I called him to let him know I was down and needed bands.
Manager: And did he service your needs?
Needless to say, I spent the next ten minutes trying to wipe the tears off my face from laughing so hard.

No comments:
Post a Comment