I have had many things to be thankful for this year:
- my adorable husband
- my absolutely amazing friends
- my insane family and non-blood family
- my mildly and harmlessly crazy in-laws
- my surprisingly enjoyable job (it's not easy for a mechanical engineer to admit she likes being an imaginary)
I must admit that this morning I was very thankful to drop my parents off at the airport and call it a holiday. Although, hosting the festivities at our place is a new favorite of mine. It allowed us to keep very active through the major overeating day of the year. We even dragged my parents along for a 4.2 mile Turkey Trot at 7:00 AM Thursday. We also took them to an aerial dance performance (aka operation torture dad). But it's nice to have the house back to ourselves after a whole week of company. We celebrated by going back to bed as soon as we got back from the airport.
***
As the host of this event, I was able to substitute a couple of slightly healthier dishes. I may have inadvertently displaced some of the old standards, so good was the reaction to these new dishes from my parents and husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment