Although it will be nice to be able to visit the province under better circumstances next time, the constant adventurer in me was still able to find enjoyment in my unexpected journey to this beautiful area.
 |
| A very nice view of the Queen City from the airport before take-off... |
I marched all over downtown Halifax photographing the unique architecture. I shopped in several interesting local stores. The grocery store fascinated me because of the mix of things familiar and foreign on the shelves. I tasted what was reportedly one of the best bowls of seafood chowder in the area. I even took my mother to try out a gentle yoga class. Although she wouldn't go as far as saying she actually enjoyed it (except savasanna or corpse pose, the part at the end where you just lay there relaxing), she did admit that it was probably good for her.
 |
| A very interesting building that looked like a converted church. |
 |
| Yum! Seafood chowder! |
 |
| The color of these three houses caught my eye. |
 |
| Halifax from the docks |
 |
| A very neat church from many angles |
 |
| The candy aisle of the grocery store... |
 |
| Downtown Halifax |
I also got the chance to drive around and explore the pretty area. I got to see the snow for only the second time this year and wear my favorite coat, scarf and mittens. I even forgot where my home is for long enough to buy a new scarf...with pockets!
 |
| Big, fat snowflakes! |
Despite these highlights, it was an exhausting trip. By the end of my visit, I was more than ready to return home to my husband, my kitties, my own bed, my workout schedule and even my job.
 |
| Downtown Halifax |
Pretty!
ReplyDelete